Internship in Applied psychology
Internship in Applied Psychology provides the knowledge, Comprehension, Application, Analysis, Synthesis and evaluation on the different perspectives of Applied Psychology which would make them skilled at different stages of their academic progression leading them to be Professional Psychologists in respective fields of their interest.
What you will learn?
- You will learn counselling skills to identify cases where psychological intervention is needed and would be beneficial for the client and is able to communicate in this regard.
- You will learn to perform the roles and responsibilities as a Counsellor for families and also attending to Marital issues. (Marital Counselling).
- You will learn to intervene on the basis of preventive, developmental and innovative remedial interventions such Animal assisted therapies in a different perspective that may be effective for a client.
- You will learn to identify the modalities and formulate plans, goals and conceptual framework that are appropriate, effective and practical in building Case Histories.
- You will learn to identity the terms and terminologies and their associated characteristics of major psychological disorders.
- You will learn the treatment of addiction, medications are used to reduce the intensity of withdrawal symptoms, reduce alcohol and other drug cravings, and reduce the likelihood of use or relapse for specific drugs by blocking their effect.
- You will learn Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy to help children with autism and related developmental disorders
- Will learn the applications of modern treatment modalities like Animal Assisted therapy (AAT) and Travel/ Tourism Psychology, Yoga therapy, Expressive Art therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) etc.
- Will learn and understand the importance of sensory integration for special needs for helping to interpret sensory input, understand its relevance, and respond.
- You will learn and understand and also to apply the knowledge of Fertility Counselling in identifying the various emotions and psycho-social problems faced couples and try to resolve them during an infertility treatment.
- You will learn and understand the feature of Hypnosis as a guided relaxation, intense concentration, and focused attention technique.
- You will learn the features of school Psychology in helping to promote development, to acquire and best utilize personal, school, family, and community resources, and to minimize difficulties and disorders.